Thursday 9 April 2015

Question time.

I recently set up an Ask account (http://ask.fm/SQStevie), more as a thing to ask people questions, rather than to answer them, however, once I realised you can answer random questions I found it rather amusing.

However, as fun as it was, I got stopped in my tracks when I was asked, 'Would you want to date yourself, if you were somebody else?' This got me thinking. I suddenly felt very reflective and conscious about my own attitudes and behaviour.

The answer? Absolutely not. I'm a terrible person.

I'm incredibly selfish and have a thing where if somebody is talking, and I'm not interested in what they're talking about, I simply switch off and don't listen to what they're saying. I also can't be doing with pathetic conversations. You know the ones, the really fucking boring ones. Some colleagues of mine are very good at having awful conversations, such as:

"What are you having for dinner tonight?"
"Oh I don't know, might have some mince and potatoes maybe"
"Sounds alright"
"You?"
"Dunno, probably have a look in the freezer 'n see what we've got. Probably chips 'n something"
"We had chips last night so we won't be having them again tonight"

EXACTLY. What a fucking boring conversation. And that's just one, imagine it EVERY DAY. Have these people got nothing better to talk about?! I can't be doing with conversations like that. Hence why I tend to cut them short immediately,

"What are you having for dinner tonight?"
"Dunno."

End. I never ask what they're having, I simply don't care. I didn't care yesterday, I don't care today so I won't care tomorrow. It's like when they tell me what they did last night.

"I had the kids over last night, and we..." 

I've already lost interest in the conversation at this point. It's such an unimaginative conversations. What's worse is when they show you damn photos of their family. Excuse me? Why are you showing me your photos? You can reproduce, congratulations. You took photos? Great, I'm sure you and your family will enjoy looking back at them. I don't give two hoots. GET THEM OUT MY FACE.

Moving on, why else wouldn't I date myself?
Quite simply, I'm fucking boring. I mean, in basic terms, I go to work, come home, play video games. And repeat.

That's fine by me but that's not particularly attractive trait, is it? I'm also very set in my ways, and dislike being told what to do/what I should do. If somebody tells me I should go out and do stuff, that only makes me more determined to continue as I am.

Then take a look at my life? Well, I have a job I enjoy, which is good. But I'm on minimum wage, so it's not like I can afford many great things. I don't drive, and have no intention of learning to. I live with my family still and have no drive whatsoever to do anything new or imaginative. Spontaneity is not my strong point.

Let's not have any more questions like that, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment