Thursday 14 May 2015

CONTROVERSY.

This will be very to the point.

I do not like kids. In fact, I despise them. I hate everything about them. I hate what is expected of you. I hate how you're judged based on your actions. I hate a lot of things.

I hate when they're babies. They're just gurgling, crying balls of human mush.
I hate when they're toddlers. They're barely aware, gurgling, crying and attention seeking little humans.
I hate when they're children. When they can communicate. When can interact.
I hate when they're teenagers. Moody fuckers that disagree with everything anybody says.
I like when they're adults. Because they're no longer children.

People with kids expect you to love their child as much as they do. They feel you should be happy that their reproductive organs work.

This rant is not without context. Let me elaborate.

I am currently, at home. Like I usually am.
I share my house with my Mum, Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt and Uncle have the bottom half of the house. My Mum and I have the top.

My Aunt and Uncle currently have their grand-kids over.

A few weeks ago, the kids came upstairs, ran along the corridor to my room, opened the door and ran off. Then repeated the feat 6 times. This behaviour is immediately annoying after one time. So by the 6th, I shouted "Enough now" down the corridor. And they stopped. Since then, I haven't seen or spoken to them.

I don't want to see or speak to them. I have no interest in them. I don't know how to interact with them and I simply don't want to. I'm quite content, sat in my room. ON MY OWN.

Now, about an hour ago, one of them, ran along the corridor, opened my door and ran off. Well, since they last did this. I've had a new door fitted. It has a lock. So I locked the door.

They came back, it wouldn't open. Hah. Stevie wins.


Wrong.
Obviously. Of course I'm wrong. Why would I be right?

Apparently, after discussing with my Mum. They have made me a thing. And want to give it to me. I'm the bad guy for not taking it.

Part of the bullshit production this is. I'm supposed to be all gratuitous and kind and be ever so thankful they've made this wonderful picture for me. I simply don't care. I have more important things in my life that need my attention. Why should I have to pretend to care. Why should I have to go along with the fake thing about being thankful for a piece of paper. This is my room. My domain. My space. They should be kept downstairs where they are supposed to be.

I accept this is incredibly selfish behaviour I am displaying. I cannot stand 'expected behaviour' I dislike doing what I 'should' do. I 'should' go to them and kindly accept whatever it is they have. I 'should' be willing to let them open and close my door as much as they want. Because they're just kids.

Whatever.

Do you know what?
If they'd opened the door and actually given me the thing, I would have done the right thing and been polite and said "Thanks very much" But because they fucking opened it and ran off, that's what irritated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment